The PADI Rescue Diver is one of the most challenging courses. You learn how to deal with dive emergencies using a variety of techniques. You will become more confident in your skills and decisions as a diver. During the course you also will learn to become a better diver buddy by practicing problem solving skills until you react instinctively.
Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. You will put into practice your knowledge and skills during simulated real rescue scenarios. These are the topics that you will work on:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- PADI Adventure Diver certification
- 12 years old or more
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months (can be completed during the course).
- Medical certificate that allows the practice of scuba diving
Beyond the basic scuba diving gear you will also learn how to use a pocket mask to practice in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you’ll work with an oxygen unit, floats, marker buoys and CPR mannequins. Our Instructors may suggest you additional gear as well, such as your own pocket mask, which will be useful throughout your diving career.